New Homes Colorado Springs Home Buyers Process
Welcome to the top online resource for buying a home in Colorado Springs. Here we will walk you through the home buyers process; You can find extensive information on top communities and neighborhoods, research all available Colorado Springs homes for sale and get connected with one of the top real estate agents in Colorado Springs.
1. Get Pre-Approved
An important first step on the path to home ownership is securing financing. Whether you are shopping for your first home, or your third, when it comes time to submit an offer, you're going to need to be pre-approved before a seller will take your offer seriously. You should talk to a Lender before you start looking at homes so you know exactly how much home you can afford. Complete the form below to see about getting pre-approved.
2. Get Educated
If you are considering a move to the Colorado Springs-area, use our Colorado Springs Neighborhood Guide to see a breakout of the most popular neighborhoods around Colorado Springs, the school districts they are aligned with, and all available homes for sale.
3. Research Homes for Sale in Colorado Springs
Here at New Homes Colorado Springs you can search our inventory of the best New Built Homes or use our MLS link to search all homes for sale in the Colorado Springs Area. The most efficient way to find homes is to allow your New Homes Colorado Springs realtor to keep you up-to-date on available properties and screen these properties for you. Use the form below to get started now.
4. Get Representation
There is so much more to hiring a buyer's agent than getting access to a list of houses and a chauffeur to show you around. While it is possible to buy a home without an agent, the experience often proves to be more challenging than many expect. We've listed our top 3 reasons below:
- Representation: Unless you are buying a property that is for sale by owner, the seller has professional representation on their side. By negotiating directly with the sellers agent you are putting yourself at a severe disadvantage since their agent is legally bound to share everything you tell them in order to get the best deal for their client. You wouldn't go into a courtroom without a lawyer, so why risk the biggest purchase in your life in buying a home without representation.
- Data Analysis: The only way to determine the correct price of a home is to analyze the prices at which similar homes recently sold in the same neighborhood. While there are a variety of online resources for finding homes for sale, there are very few consumer websites that provide home sales data in the Colorado Springs-area.
- Experience: When you have an experienced Buyer's Agent working for you their primary job is to keep you from making a mistake. The knowledge they gain from working with so many clients throughout their career is invaluable when it comes to helping you pick the right home. This experience also comes into play when they are negotiating on your behalf as they often have intimate knowledge of the pros and cons of similar homes that recently sold. Once you are under contract to purchase a home, your buyer's agent will help you locate a great inspector, negotiate repairs with the seller, get estimates from trustworthy contractors and obtain financing from the most reputable lenders.
When you're ready to get professional representation, fill out the form below to be matched with the perfect agent.
5. Find your new home
Once you have been pre-qualified by a lender, narrowed down your home search and retained a buyer's agent its time to get in the car and go look at some homes. For most people, this is the fun part, and it should be. Buying a home is most important purchase most people make in their lifetime. Having an experienced professional in your corner will save you time, give you peace of mind and very likely save you a great deal of money.
Buyer's Agent Request Form
* Indicates a Required Field.